Disc Decompression Therapy for Herniated and Bulginging Disc Disease in Blue Springs, MO Using a Pettibon Spinal Disc Rejuvenation Table.
Features 3 proven therapy treatments combined in One treatement table for Bulging, Protruding, or Herniated Spinal Discs!
The SRT utilizes Anti-Gravity Inversion Therapy + Whole Body Vibration + Spinal Disc Decompression!
Click the link below and read on to review Research on this Revolutionary Treatment for Low Back Pain and Sciatica
UNDERSTANDING POSTURAL MUSCLES
Slow twitch postural fibers dominate the majority of spinal muscles. Postural muscles spasm to guard the injured or pathological spine and require a constant isometric-type traction, rather than intermittent traction-relaxation to stretch fatigue and relax. After the muscles are relaxed, traction forces that were applied to the muscles are now applied to the discs and ligaments in need of re-hydration. Reversing gravity and vibration is ideal for both of these functions.
THE VITAL ROLE OF VIBRATION IN USE OF THE PSRT
Research has shown that the use of whole body vibration (Hertz) and time, in concert with various weighted maneuvers during rehabilitation training, increases the blood flow by 100%.
The combination of vibration and inversion will assist the patient in many ways other than the relief and rehabilitation of spinal problems.
We encourage you to share this information with your patients and colleagues. The latest research validating the use of the PSRT™ was published by the Journal Of Chiropractic Medicine (2008) 7, 140 -145, titled “Radiographic disc height increases after a trial of multi-model spine rehabilitation and vibration traction: a retrospective case series”, by Ian Horseman D.C. and Mark Morningstar, D.C.
The Pettibon System of Spinal Rejuvenation Therapy and Decompression
1. Kerschan-Schindl et al. 2001, “Whole Body Vibrations’ Effects on Blood flow”.
2. Cardinale, M. and Wakeling, J. “Whole body vibration; Are vibrations good for you?”
College of Life-science and Medicine. Aberdeen, Scotland U.K. 2005
3. Debra Brazerman, M.D. 1996 “Heal Your Heart with EECP” Celestial Arts, Berkley
The Initial (Pre) x-ray demonstrates severe disc degeneration of the L5/S1 disc with only 3mm of space left and 12 degree lumbar curve (30 degrees is normal). The result was severe and constant low back pain with sciatica.
The x-ray below (Post) was taken three months later following our intensive spinal rejuvenation program which included SRT, adjustments, rehabilitation,whole body vibration and home care. The lumbar spine and patient have undergone a complete transformation with a great improvement of the lumbar curve and an amazing 6mm regeneration of the L5/S1 disc, from an initial 3mm to a healing 9mm height. The result is a happy patient with a dramatic reduction of pain and disability and increased quality of life, without drugs or surgery!
The close up view below shows the greatly improved disc height and reduction of subluxation of L5 on the sacrum. An exciting result once thought impossible. We are now seeing predictable spinal disc height increase and re-hydration like never before. “Last resort” patients now have renewed hope and restoration of health without dependence on dangerous drugs or risky surgery.
Radiographic disc height increases after a trial of multimodal spine rehabilitation and vibration traction: a retrospective case series
Ian Horseman DC, Mark Morningstar DC, Journal of Chiropractic Medicine (2008) 7, 140-145
This initial study was done to see if the SRT system of spinal decompression, which uses whole body vibration and includes the use of the wobble chair, cervical repetitive traction, chiropractic adjustments, and body weighting rehabilitation, could improve disc height. The loss of spinal disc height is a common part of degenerative disc disease.
- Patients were required to fit 2 of the following criteria: (1)-low back pain, (2)-numbness/tingling in one or both legs, (3)-pain level 8 out of 10 on pain scale, (4)-sciatica, (5)-disc herniation diagnosed on MRI.
- Each patient was evaluated using a numeric pain scale, Spirometer measuring lung capacity, and radiographic disc height and lumbar curve measurements.
- Six patients followed a specific treatment protocol consisting of 5 minutes of warm-up wobble chair stretches, 4 minutes of cervical repetitive traction, SRT with vibration, head weighting, chiropractic adjustment, and ice.
- Patients were placed on the SRT table with whole body vibration with continuous traction. Vibration causes rapid muscle fatigue, which overcomes muscle spasm and guarding, promoting spinal lengthening.
- The SRT table is different then other spinal decompression tables in that there is a constant traction force applied increasing spinal lengthening.
- After the SRT with vibration, wobble chair stretches, head weighting and adjustment were performed.
- Each patient was given a Pettibon home rehab set to be used at home daily.
- The average age of all 6 of the patients was 40 years old with an average weight of 155 pounds.
- Results: All 6 patients were able to increase functional status-they increased in overall height; they improved in lung function; they reported lower numeric pain scores; they improved in disc height in 3 of 5 lumbar discs on plain film radiographs.
Readily and repetitively increasing disc height is unheard of in medicine until now. Our unique system of SRT decompression, adjustment and rehabilitation is proving to be a life changer and lifesaver for many with disc degeneration. Check out our testimonials on our website. Please, Spread The Word!